Candle Care & Tips
Lighting Candles in your home adds style, ambiance and fabulous fragrance but we'd like to share some tips with you to help you to not only get the most out of your Soy Candle but to also use them safely.
Always ensure your Candle is positioned free from drafts or vents, out of reach of pets and children and is not close to any flammable items. Place on a steady, non-flammable surface and do not move it once lit.
Never leave a burning candle unattended!
The first time you light your Soy Candle it is important to create a
'Burn Memory' to prevent the wax from tunneling. Do this by lighting and then allowing it to burn until the melt pool reaches the sides of the container and is
at least 1 cm deep before extinguishing.
If your Candle has more than 1 wick all wicks must be lit.
We recommend you always burn your Soy Candle for 3-4 hours.
Always allow the wax to cool and harden between burns. Soy Candles should not be burnt continuously (known as power burning) as this will both seriously shorten the life of your candle but can also make the glass become dangerously hot and at risk of shattering.
Stop burning your candle when 1cm of wax remains.
Extend the life of your candle by trimming the wick to 1cm again every time before relighting. Fragranced Candles can sometimes experience 'mushrooming' of the wick which will create a large flame. If this occurs extinguish the flame using a snuff or wick dipper then using a tissue or trimmers pinch the tip of the wick to remove the mushroom.
If you experience any difficulties or have any questions about your Soy Candle purchase please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.